If you had .25 cents, what would you do with?

No, this is not a joke.

What would you do with .25 cents right now? I would put it in my purse until I had another quarter for soda at work. I might give it to the little girl down the street so she can have a bag of chips. Or I might start a "cabinet" savings account. No, it is still not a joke.

I was just reading TD Jakes' book Reposition Yourself: Living Life without Limits. In this particular chapter, Bishop Jakes reminded us of how our grandmothers had a savings account on a shelf in the cabinet in the kitchen. Most of you may be familiar with that type of banking. With whatever spare change, left over grocery money, etc., Granny would put it in a jar for a rainy day emergency.

Some of us have rainy days and emergencies every hour of every day. For me it is a coca-cola, for you it might be advertising cost or gas money. Either way, if you had .25 cents, everyday, to put in a "cabinet" savings account, would you? If so, what would keep you from going into that savings account for the next 30 days? What would you do with the "savings" you have obtained after 30 days? (I'm reaching for a goal here... which will be in my next post)

Let's start here:
1. Get a jar: coffee, mason, whatever
2. Start saving .25 cents or more a day
3. Come back here on June 28th and post your comments about what you have saved.
4. Tell us what you decided to do with the savings.

The point of this is to see if we can save the spare change we spend on needless items. Can we take .25 cents and make it valuable in 30 days? This is still not a joke and it can be applied to any and everybody, and any and every business.

This is where the finances meet the reality of life. You never know where your money is going until you put it in something you can see. So start with a jar!

Comments

Dana, as a RYZE member, I found your information on the Black Business Network. This blog is spiritually enlightening as well as educational. Your method of providing a scripture and offering a real life example is very encouraging. Keep upnthe great job. Our children should be taught at a very young age on the importance of saving. I started teaching my daughter at 2 and she is 9 now and has her own bank account as well as several piggy banks (hidden). She knows her money is split 3 ways, 1/3 to the Lord, 1/3 for her and 1/3 to savings. It really works when we share this with them early.

Popular posts from this blog

We're Always Trying (Still Smiling 2007)

Blessing in the Sheets

Marianne Williamson, Bruce Lipton, Sonia Choquette and me