Not about me.........just about the KIDS

Families as a whole are struggling to do what is right for their children. Single moms are the ones that started the phrase "It's not about me, just my kids".

When I was single, I did everything for my kids. I started my businesses because of my 3 wonders of the world. I thought marrying a wonderful family man would benefit my children too, and in the long run, it did. Logically, at the time, it wasn't about ME, ever..it was about my children. Now that I have four with my extended family, I am pushing towards a goal that will help them well after I am gone. You can read about my testimony later.


In my organization, we are praying that families are helped by the sweat from OUR backs for their children. It's not about paying off their credit cards or getting their household bills current and that will be all; it's about changing the way these families look at their finances and how they take care of them.

I too have been in a situation where I let my finances get the best of me and let the WORLD talk about my endeavours as a business woman, but I serve a God that will make me humble myself to feel the pain, personally, of the families I am trying to help. I can't help someone if I can't experience where there have been.

I have also been a situation where my child had the want and the need to go to college but the grade point and community service jobs weren't enough to get scholarship. You see, even as a business owner, I didn't have enough money to send my eldest child off to school. We are still struggling.

It's not important that my organization is pat on the back about the the help given to families. It's important the see God in us for what we are doing. This organization is being built on God's priniciples and his word.

Job 5:16
So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth

Psalm 82:3
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

Proverbs 19:17
He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done

Proverbs 21:13
If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.


I or my organization, will not close our eyes or ears to the cry of those that are poor in spirit, financially distraught, and looking for a way out.
It's not about ME, just about the KIDS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Always Trying (Still Smiling 2007)

Blessing in the Sheets

A Mother's Story about her Son